MJX has a history of producing good drones. Their Bugs lineup has always been of great value to hobbyists. The MJX Bugs 16 is their very first drone offering with a three-axis gimbal. This one looks like a winner.
The MJX Bugs 16 is an impressive-looking folding drone. It features a 4K camera on a three-axis gimbal, GPS stability and flight modes. The Bugs 16 utilizes 2204 brushless motors that give it a flight time of up to 28 minutes. In addition to GPS, it also uses a barometer and optical flow sensors to help keep it stable.
The range of the Bugs 16 Pro is 800 meters or about half of a mile. You can expect about half that distance with the video transmission range. The 720p image is transmitted to your smartphone via the M RC PRO app and you’ll need a “5G” or AC protocol capable phone to view it.
Bugs 16 Camera
MJX has always produced a decent camera and the one on the 16 Pro looks like their best offering yet. You’ll get a 1/3″ sensor a f/2.o aperture and a field of view of 120-degrees. You can capture 4K video at 30 fps or 1080p video at 60fps.
You will get full control of the 3-axis gimbal and MJX also has included EIS to help stabilize the footage. Recording is done onboard the drone via a micro SD card and it will take a class 10 up to 128 GB.
MJX Bugs 16 Pro Features
The Bugs 16 batteries feature quick charge technology, allowing it to charge fully in about an hour using a USB-C connection. It will have a follow me mode, point of interest, tapfly, and return to home modes.
MJX BUGS 16 PRO features and specs
- Compact size with folding arms;
- 2204 1000KV brushless motors + 12A ESC + folding props;
- GPS + OFP positioning;
- True 4K camera with 3-axis gimbal and electronic image stabilization (EIS);
- 1/3 inch CMOS image sensor with 120° FOV;
- 3840×2160@30fps and 1080P@60fps video formats;
- 5Ghz WIFI（802.11.ac）real-time image transmission (720P@30fps FPV);
- 40km/h max. flying speed and level 4 wind resistance;
- Intelligent flight modes (Follow me, Point of interest, and TapFly);
- Up to 28 minutes of battery life;
- About 800 meters control distance.
Included accessories with the MJXR/C B16Pro drone
- Remote controller;
- 11.4V 3200mAh flight battery
- PD and USB charging cables;
- Set of spare propellers;
- User Manual