Magnetic Tiles come in various colours in the shape of squares and triangles. They have magnets and attract on all side. Our Magnetic Tiles are translucent and work beautifully on the light table. They are also simple to store in a basket or tray on the children’s shelves. They are really well sized for the child’s hands (recommended for 3yrs+) and offer hands-on learning.
Magnetic Tiles offer children the opportunity to use and develop a whole range of skills including but not limited to:
- Ability to build two and three-dimensional shapes, allows the child to visualize three-dimensional creations
- Shape recognition
- Building and construction skills
- Patterning skills
- Sorting and stacking
- Learning about symmetry
- Learning about mathematical and spatial relationships
- Problem solving
- Hand-eye coordination
- Teaches magnetic principals
- Challenges the child’s creative building, enhances cognitive processes
Using the Magnetic Tiles children can build something from their imagination, they can recreate an image or copy an object someone else has made. The colours, translucency, and magnets allow children to build and create in ways they can’t with standard building blocks.