Drones... these flying robots ignite a fascination in people like nothing else, because mankind has coveted mastery of the skies since the dawn of time. The freedom of flight opens up new vistas to explore for corporations and individuals alike. This new world, with its vast possibilities, bleeding edge technologies and still-evolving landscape, can often be challenging to navigate.
This 3 hour workshop is designed for all learners who have an interest in the topic of drones (also known as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, or UAV for short) but do not know where and how to start. No prior UAV/drone experience is required.
The objective of this course is to equip learners with the basic knowledge and skills on drone building and basic piloting.
Topics covered include: fundamental drone piloting, the basic principles and technology of how drones work, drone applications, and Singapore drone regulations.
Anyone who is keen to learn more about unmanned aircraft vehicle (UAV) aka drones
By the end of this lesson, learners are able to
- Explain the basic principles and technologies underlying drone flight and operation
- Relate and describe examples of drone usage for industry and recreation
- Apply Singapore drone laws and regulations in typical operational scenarios
- Operate a camera drone and perform basic flight maneuvers
- Build your very own camera drone
3 hours (2pm - 5pm)